Saturday, October 11, 2008

Love At Last Sight





"It was love at first sight."

Ladies, we've all heard the story. Girl meets boy, eyes lock and hearts flutter. And then, a year later, or two or three, they get up at the wedding, make a toast, and say, "what can we say, it was love at first sight!"

Here is what I wonder, if it was love at first sight, what was the love based on? Chemistry? Physical attraction? Raw hope?
I hope, that when I decide to get married I can say that it was love at last sight. That the love we shared early on continued to grow, based on every interaction, every experience, every time something new was shared between us. I hope I can toast that the love that got us to the aisle was based on everything that came after "first sight" like learning about each others qualities, strengths, and even weaknesses.
That the love came not because of some instant gut feeling but because every day, every time we said goodbye, we could honestly say we experienced a new, more meaningful love, at each last sight.

1 comment:

EntrePeanutButter said...

Jelly, well said. I feel the same way...

LOVE YOU (at last sight)