Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Relationship Express...

Recently, I've begun evaluating what makes for a good relationship. In prior relationships, I was always on the roller-coaster. Exceptional highs, and devastating lows. I remember feeling intoxicated when I was happy. But, when things were bad (and often they were) they were really bad. And so I've come to realize that a truly honest relationship is one that is stable, peppered with bursts of joy. I relish the fact that as a result of my stable relationship, I too have become less emotionally volatile overall. In my current relationship, we consistently share new experiences that feed our love and sustain us and our relationship. There are highs, but we have managed to cut out the stomach-wrenching lows. We are, my friends, on a love train.

When it comes to love, here's to hopping aboard the relationship express and leaving the roller-coaster ride at the amusement park.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love-addiction I think it's called.