Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Pinata Theory


Last night my girlfriend and I hosted a party at my place. The theme: a kid's birthday party. We went all out: candy galore, and our version of spiked punch (homemade sangria). Oh yes, and the piece de resistance - a four foot tall corona bottle pinata filled with mexican candy.

So basically, my primary intiative in having the party to begin with was to have an excuse to purchase a pinata. And what I realized, after watching several of my drunken, blindfolded friends (ok, myself included) swinging away enthusiastically at this poor candy filled paper beer bottle is that sometimes, all you can do is close your eyes, put on your game face, and try to score. Ladies, the time to be timid and calculated, and risk averse is done.
Let's make 2008 about the here and now, about the potential of scoring today. Whether it be in work or relationships, sometimes the spoils of war are sweeter than you may think...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I couldn't agree more... cheers to 2008! -EP