Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm A Goal Digger


Last night my boyfriend and I were joking around that I'm planning on marrying him for his money... i.e. that I'm a gold digger.

His response: "No baby, you are a goal digger."

And you know what, he is absolutely right. I am with him because I dig the fact that my boyfriend, Mr. Neighbor, has goals. Every day, he sets new goals for himself and in due time he always accomplishes them. He does more than just reach for gold: he makes choices that he knows will give him personal fulfillment in addition to financial gain. I strive for the same balance now in my own life, looking beyond the bottom line and finding goals that truly elevate my happiness.

He has shown me that gold is just a distraction - though necessary, not always as fulfilling as one might expect (which is why we've both implemented shopping moratoriums - but that is for another post).

No Man Land Rule: Don't be distracted by pretty shiny things: be a goal digger, not a gold digger.

No comments: