Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Mental Hiccups


If you've ever had the hiccups for an extended period of time, you know that it could be quite exhausting... just when you think it's gone for good, it's back! It lingers around in the background of your time and annoys you, possibly annoys you so much that you can't even focus. If you're a little crazy you might get angry at yourself that you can't get rid of it... you hold your breath, drink a full cup of water in one shot, swallow sugar, do a headstand while holding your breath, try to scare yourself?, amongst other ridiculous remedies. But you are definitely not calm, and the more you try to get rid of it, the time between each hiccup seems to be shortening leaving you with no normal breaths! And all you want to do is run to the top of some canyon and yell at the top of your lungs.

Recently, I have had boy issues on my mind that cause the insecure sides of me to creep up and take over my whole existence. Much like the hiccup, just when I think I am okay... and back to my normal self, I start to feel insecure again! I don't know what to do to get rid of it... it's just spiraling out of control. Day after day after day... it's been almost a week now and I am starting to feel a little bit exhausted. Unfortunately, unlike the hiccups there are no remedies that I can seek externally, I know I must find resolve within myself but I can't seem to grab hold of anything that makes the hiccup of insecurity go away forever! If you have ever felt this way and have suggestions... please comment.

No comments: