Thursday, June 7, 2007

Craving a Contact High


So, since Saturday night I have run into my ex a total of three times. I am not kidding. I saw him at a bar Saturday night, and twice this past week having lunch on the street I work on.

Last night, I also bumped into his uncle, his uncle's wife, and their children.

When I was in NY a few weeks ago, I even bumped into my ex's mother on Fifth Avenue in front of H&M.

What is the universe trying to tell me?

To make matters worse, I keep bumping into him at a time when I am, in the words of Ed Ruscha's painting, "Gasping For Contact."

Well ladies, in that since I started this blog I've committed myself to an exclusively "glass half full" approach to these situations, I believe that the universe is trying to show me that even when I am at my loneliest of lonely, and feeling as though I am in complete solitude, I would still chose not to be with my ex. And that, my darlings, is progress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes!! Progress indeed!!!!

Anonymous said...

When do we get to hear all the juice on NYC????