Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Taking the Reigns?


So, last night I realized that I have two tickets to see Boyz II Men this Thursday night. Let's imagine the scenario: House of Blues, romantic music (think "On Bended Knee"), and alcohol. Who would be the prime candidate to invite along. Here are my options:

1) A girlfriend

2) My brother

3) A man.

For those of you who answered option 3, you win. The problem is, the only man I have in my life right now is Mr. Smile, whom I've only known for about a week. Even though we had a fantastic date on Monday, I'm hesitant to be the first one to call, and beyond that I'm hesitant to invite him to a romantic concert.

Are we supposed to play games, or not? Is it too soon to take the reigns and plan a date myself?

Please advise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only man?

What happened to Mr. D... Old Tommy... did these end?

Anonymous said...

This is a tough call..

Usually I like to look at these situations that come up early on in a relationship and focus on whether I can gain more, or lose more by asking. What do you have to gain? An incredible romantic date night. What do you have to lose? The adorable guy that came up to you over and over about your smile, and couldn't wait to get you in his car, where he played an homage to you.... yea right.

Go for it ;)