Sunday, June 3, 2007




Last night I ran into my ex. He looked in my eyes and told me in so many words that he is still in love with me. I've never been so sad. Sad that I don't feel the same way. Despite all the love we shared, he just wasn't the one. And so, here I remain in No Man Land.


And I've been feeling it lately. Feeling that creeping cynicism that nonchalantly waltzes in and tauntingly whispers, "You're alone and might be left waiting to meet someone for a LONG TIME."


But you know in the end, we're all waiting for something. Even when you have a pseudo-perfect boyfriend, like my ex, there are still those imperfections that leave you feeling alone, unsatisfied, unfulfilled.


So the challenge I guess is: can I find the strength to not let my happiness depend on having a man? Is LMS merely a symptom of my lack of self-reliance?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad I'm not alone in feeling alone with my pseudo-perfect boyfriend. I've felt horrible for not being satisfied with someone who's so great.

Anonymous said...

no man, (no matter how perfect), will make you happy or fulfill you until you learn how to make yourself happy and learn how to feel complete all by yourself.

Anonymous said...

I say hold out for the one...and if he/she never comes around, then so be it.

Don't settle.

But it is true, all of our other relationships are just passing time until we find the one, if it exists?