Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Perfect Pick Up.... And Exit


Last night represented the official start of the summer: I went to my first concert at the Hollywood Bowl for the summer season of 2007. Last year, the girls and I started going to summer concerts at the Hollywood Bowl. For those of you that aren't from Los Angeles, the Hollywood Bowl is this amazing outdoor venue. During the summer, we get cheap seats, cheap wine, and enjoy amazing shows. Last night, we saw John Mayer.

If you haven't seen John Mayer in concert, he is a must! Apart from his somewhat orgasmic facial expressions, he is an engaging performer with an incredible voice. And what he does with that guitar only leaves you wondering what else he can do with those magic hangs. But, I digress.

After the show, my girlfriend and I went to a birthday party at the Viceroy. As we were doing a
lap to scope out the scene, this guy stops me as I'm walking by him and says, "I like your smile." How cute, right? This was at the beginning of our lap and I decided to say thank you and keep walking. One minute later I realized that the Viceroy really isn't that big, and perhaps I shouldn't have breezed by Mr. "I like your smile" so quickly. Luckily for me, he didn't forget about me either. Mr. Smile (as we will call him for now) Is tall enough, handsome, and has this really sexy almost raspy voice. We spent the rest of the night getting to know each other, and it turns out we have a lot of common interests... with one in particular, seeing each other again!

At the end of the night, I gave him my number, and we said goodbye. About ten minutes later, he runs back up to me and goes, "I just wanted to make sure: your number is XXX-XXXX, right?"
A great pick up line and a great exit line. This one sounds promising!

No comments: