Friday, June 22, 2007

Man II Husband?


Last night at the Boyz II Men concert, we encountered ALL kinds of people. You had the couples (obviously), you had the single men (which the group aptly pointed out were ONLY their to pick up women), you had the young, the old, and of course, the ladies. Young women clearly outnumbered everyone else. These girls were singing, dancing, and some even crying (I kid you not) for the Boyz (two of whom have turned into some somewhat hefty men, I might add).

There was one group in particular, though, that specifically caught me eye. I was standing right by the stage, on the edge of a staircase. Now, anytime anyone tried to stand on the actual stairs, the guards would kindly ask them to leave ("it is a fire hazard... sorry ladies") and everyone would comply. That was until the JAP mafia arrived about half way through the show. They took over the stairs, and didn't take move for an answer. They screamed, they yelled, they took pictures (totally illegal btw - I myself got yelled at for this one - although they didn't), they pushed, they shoved, the angled themselves as close to the stage as possible, and I even heard one tell the other, "I told you we would get a good spot".

I looked at them and thought, my god, these girls are so annoying, and pushy, and aggressive. They must be like, 20, tops. And then I looked at their ring fingers. Each and every one of them had a sparkly, oversized, bling blingin' engagement ring, rivalled only by the ostentatious jewelry worn on stage by Boyz II Men themselves.

And that's when I had a thought: Is that why I'm single? Did these pushy, aggressive, loud, obnoxious girls, steamroll me in my quest to find a man I can marry... the same way that they nearly pushed me out of my prime viewing location at the concert?

When push comes to shove, is being aggressive the way to turn a Man II Husband?

2 comments:

EntrePeanutButter said...

I must say. I do believe that a little aggression and a little more "move out of my way i am getting what i want" does work in life. Does it help turn a man into a husband... I have yet to find out.

Anonymous said...

I concur w/ everything you said. Yes...those girls were indeed obnoxious, are those the kind of women that deserve blingetty bling? I personally would have gone for a ring half that size but perhaps it's true...nice girls (like guys) finish last? Here's my outake on it...we may finish last...but we finish best (no cheaters, no liars, no dumb asses); simply the men that are done w/ their bean wiggling days and truly want a nice girl they can spend their time w/. As for those obnoxious girls, they may have the bling, but the second they turn around he's blingin' someone else (know what I'm sayin??)