Friday, July 13, 2007

Be A Rainmaker


So, yesterday Mr. Neighbor invited me to lunch. I got all dolled up and counted down the minutes until 1:10, when he met me at my building. The elevator doors opened, and there he stood: tall, handsome, and wearing a killer suit. Walking through Beverly Hills, we looked like the ultimate power couple: tan, beautiful, well-dressed, and happy.

And then we had lunch.

He picked an uber-casual place, didn't pay for me, and at the end of the meal quickly walked me back to my office, gave me a kiss on the cheeck (because he was sick) and left.

And I felt, well, underwhelmed. Sitting in my office I realized something: I am too sensitive. Why should I wait for some action from him to make me feel better? Why couldn't I be the proactive one about my feelings? I wrote him an ultra-flirty, sexy email thanking him for his company and you know what, he sent me two ultra-flirty, super sexy and complimentary e-mails back.

And I felt better. Much much better.

Today I read an article about how people in China are engaging in a weather modification program where they literally make it rain artifically when they need it to. Here is the link if you are interested:


If China can literally change the weather and make it rain when they need to, the least I can do is be proactive and take the steps necessary to feel better when I'm being unnecessarily insecure.

When it comes to washing away insecurity, I intend to be a rainmaker.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

really,

the guy you have been hanging out with for two weeks actually comes to meet you for lunch.

That should make you feel great!

And how did he get sick, it is the summer?

SexyJelly said...

It did make me feel great :) We are seeing each other again tonight... I'll keep you all posted!

He probably got sick because he surfs early in the morning when it is very cold :)