Sunday, July 22, 2007

How To Bake the Perfect Man


So, a few posts ago I shied away from my usual affinity for prose and posted you all a poem. I said I'd post some details, and here they are.

Mr. Neighbor gives me hope. Ever since we've been dating, I've been happy. Calm, collected, and overall at peace. I guess having a pseudo boyfriend within a 100 feet of your bedroom window will do that to you.

He is everything that my last boyfriend was lacking - and ladies, that just proves that sometimes you do in fact get what you ask for.

So, I've decided that this indicates the need for another No Man Land Rule:

Ask, and ye shall receive.
Towards the end of my last relationship, I started to realize all the things that I needed from a life partner. And unfortunately, my ex didn't possess them all. However, the reward that comes from the wrong relationship is the self-awareness necessary to discover what constitutes the right relationship - with the right man.

I made a list of the qualities I needed - and poof - Mr. Neighbor appeared.... not even six
months later.

And maybe that's exactly what we should be doing - coming up with all the right ingredients, a recipe for man cake if you will, so that when Mr. Right pops up, we'll know to usher him towards our easy bake ovens ;)

No comments: