Thursday, July 5, 2007

We Saw Fireworks (Literally)


Last night, I was driving out of my house to go watch the fireworks that the local country club puts on every year, when I noticed Mr. Neighbor’s car in the driveway. So, I decided to call him and invite him to join me for the show. Ladies, there is nothing more convenient than dating your neighbor – I highly recommend it.

In any case, we had an incredible night together (as usual). I don’t know what is more explosive: the fireworks we watched or the chemistry we have when we get together.

The only lingering problem I must face is what to do with Mr. Smile. He called me on Monday and I have yet to return his call… I definitely don’t want to see him anymore, but I don’t want to completely blow him off either. Many a man has been in this predicament (as I have experienced first hand) and they just stop returning calls (i.e. the Doctor I went out with in early May…) But, being that I stem from the more compassionate gender, I’d like to try to do a bit better than that.

The question is: When you’re feeling fireworks with one man, how do you let the other one know that the fire is out? Our founding fathers had to go to war with Britain to end their relationship, which is clearly not the road I’d like to take.

When all you want is your independence, what’s the politically correct way to say, I don’t want to date you anymore?

No comments: