Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Maintain the Space Between



"But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls."

Kahlil Gibran

Wise words from a wise man. In so many relationships, I've found myself attempting to prove that when you're in love, one plus one should equal one. In reality, as I've been experiencing with Mr. Neighbor, a little bit of space goes a long way. Rather than being obsessive and calling him every day, I make sure to leave a little bit of space between us... just enough to let him pull forward towards me.

Which leads me to another rule:

No Man Land Rule: A little space goes a LONG way. Maintain your independence and therefore maintain your man.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. As I've gotten older, (i'm 23), I find that it has become easier and easier for me to maintain space between me and who ever i'm dating, (probably because I have a lot more going on in my life). And as a result I find that the guys are making more and more of an effort to see me and contact me. Although it's hard to do artificially, giving a man space is really the best way to keep him coming back for more.