Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Date Night

Saturday night has eternally been known as date night. Now, for most of us single ladies (and yes, I'm technically still single) Saturday night has devolved into this bar-hopping quest to find a non-belligerent, semi-handsome man to flirt with.

Yet, sometimes, when the stars are aligned, we do in fact end up on a date, on a Saturday night. And that is exactly what Mr. Neighbor and I found ourselves on this past weekend: a real, true to life, Saturday night, date.

I planned the perfect LA evening: A night out at Cinespia.
For those of you who haven't been, I highly recommend it. Saturday nights during the summer, the Hollywood Forever Cemetery screens movies on the side of a building. Don't let the fact that this takes place at a cemetery scare you off - it is phenomenal. Everyone brings blankets and picnics and sits on this great lawn listening to DJ's spin until the sun sets and the movie begins.

This past weekend we watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. If you haven't seen it, it is Jack Nicholson at his best. I also recommend the book.

Mr. Neighbor and I snacked on wine and cheese, yummy desserts, and each other. The entire night he was ultra affectionate and impressed by my taste in choosing Cinespia as our date spot. He said it was one of the best things he has ever done in LA.

So all in all, I'm starting to feel a little cuckoo for Mr. Neighbor... the wonderful thing is he's acting a little cuckoo for me too.

1 comment:

EntrePeanutButter said...

Cukoo for cocoa puffs...