Friday, May 11, 2007

Apparently, I'm A Little TOO "Open"


So, the other day I was going to get a mani/pedi and decided rather than worrying about a meter, I should park on a nearby residential street. As I'm parking, I realize that a gardener with a leaf blower is hard at work on the lawn adjacent to the spot I was parking in. Rather than blowing leaves all over me, the gardener decided to turn off his leaf blower and wait for me to get out of the car. I'm thinking, aw, how sweet, and so I say, "Lo siento! Gracias!" He replies, "You speak Spanish?" in perfect English and I begin to feel mortified. My god, have I offended him by assuming he didn't speak English? Have a committed some cardinal non-politically correct sin? Flustered, I reply, "Of course I speak Spanish!" with a smile and walk away.

When I get back to the car, I notice that there is a business card on my windshield. I look around at the other cars to see if they have business cards too, but no, it is just me. I pick up the card and see that it is business card for "Miguel and Jose's Gardening Service" with an arrow pointing to Jose's cell phone.

Apparently Jose wasn't offended that I assumed he only spoke Spanish. Instead, he wants an opportunity to blow my leaves!

Ladies, I got picked up by a gardener. I don't even know what else to say. For once, sexyjelly is speechless.




No comments: