Sunday, May 6, 2007

The Introduction of Mr. Destin-E




So, last night I got to meet Peanut's new potential love interest: Mr. Destin-E. He is incredibly witty, intelligent, successful, and gracious. I liked him immediately. Anyone who is articulate and has an advanced grasp of the English language automatically gets moved into my preferred category of men. I mean what's hotter than impressive vocabulary use? (Ok, maybe this is just my fetish... but I digress).

Here is what makes the fact that Peanut has met and actually likes Mr. Destin-E so interesting. Just last week, Peanut was telling me that she thinks that she needs to meet a man that is more like me. We were talking about how in our friendship we really compliment each other since we are so different.

And last night, talking to Mr. Destin-E, I realized that all the reasons I approve of Mr. E for Peanut are somewhat narcissistic! He embodies all the characteristics that I appreciate about myself. In essence, he is (at least from what we know so far) exactly what Peanut asked for last week: a male version of me!

What makes this whole situation even more compelling is that when I met Mr. Destin-E, I realized that I had met him once before. A little over a month ago, I met Mr. Destin-E in the elevator at the parking lot at my school. He is an alumnus of my law school and was on campus to recruit law clerks for his firm. Our interaction in the elevator lasted all of five seconds. He asked me about the book I was carrying, and that was that. And yet, he left a lasting impression on me.

When I met him last night, everything came full circle. Which leads to my question of the day:

In a world of endless seemingly random encounters, is it possible that some encounters are actually kismet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't believe in coincidence, not one bit