Monday, May 7, 2007

Waiting for the Phone to Ring...


So, it has almost been exactly one week since my date with Mr D./Mr. Kent. The date where we opened up, got to know each other, laughed, semi-flirted. The date for which I wore a super cute outfit, blow-dried my hair, and took time away from my very busy "it's the week before finals, holy shit, I should study!" schedule.

At the end of the night, I text him, "Thanks! I had fun." to which he replied, "Me too. See you soon."

And alas, a week has passed, and see you soon has come and gone.

Which leads me to my question:


When you go on a great date, why is it that sometimes the boy just never calls? In man language, does "see you soon" actually mean "don't call us, we'll call you?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

waiting for the phone to ring, waiting for him to IM you, waiting for him to text you, waiting for the wall post...

in a way, by simply waiting were transferring all of the power to the guy. this happened to me also right after I got out of a long term relationship.

all you need to do is keep yourself busy, multiple guys, multiple dates. be aggressive, if you really like some one then you should go for them, but there's always that fine line between healthy aggression and obssesive compulsion...

i think once you start putting you focus on a general pool of guys, instead of a single one, it'll be easier when some of them don't respond and maybe you'll get lucky and all the right ones WILL respond.