Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Being "OPEN": What it really means.

Peanut is back in action!

Just a brief on my dating life the past few years: I pretty much haven't had one. 2 whole years of being uber-single... led me to start this blog. And I am happy I did!!!!

Ever since Jelly & I started this blog, I have been really pondering all the different issues facing the fact that I am not meeting people. I have been making an effort to put myself 'out there' , be more 'open' and all that junk.. what I didn't realize is that in order for that to actually work, your MIND needs to actually be OPEN TOO... it's not only about physically going out to places, it's about being open to the possibility of a connection with another human being in the present moment when you are out. You have to set aside all of your expectations (what I blogged about earlier) & you have to be yourself (what I concluded in the quest for my answer: 'Should girls dumb themselves down for men?').

Last but not least, you HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO think about it a lot. Fantasize about meeting someone, dating someone, sleeping with someone, doing cute things together... you have to day dream about it, and continuously have it in your mind.

I have been in this mode for the past few weeks...its AMAZING how many people I have met (given, they might not be 'the one' but it's just the beginning).

So Jelly & I both had dates tonight: PROOF that we are both making EFFORTS to really get out there. I had fun!

No comments: