Saturday, May 12, 2007

Text Analysis


So, I wrote this really lovely text to a boy I'm interested in the night after our first date. And no, this is not another Mr. D story. This is someone new :) In any case, after three hours, he replied to my text with, "Great!"

Peanut and I were discussing his text today because I was completely unsatisfied by it. I felt like wow, after such a great date, and such great repor, and such a nice text, didn't I deserve more than just great, exclamation point?

Peanut brought up a good point: "Great!" is not the same as "Great." She told me that if he had left out the exclamation point, then I would have been in trouble.

My question is:

When texting, how much weight should punctuation carry? Does an exclamation point really mean the difference between "I'm interested!" and "I'm just being polite"?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sooo.... what happened??

SexyJelly said...

So far, I can't give a proper update on this one. We spoke on the phone momentarily while I was in NY, but I still can't tell if he's interested. I'm going to do a complete post on this one and get some opinions. Stay tuned ;)