Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Are There Really Rules?


So, I'm sure you all remember when the book, "The Rules: Time Tested Secrets for Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right" came out several years ago. The question is, are there really rules for landing a man? Or is this theory complete bullshit? In my humble opinion, every man and every situation is different; however, us ladies cannot allow ourselves to live in our fantasy lands and completely disregard reality. Sometimes, a man sends some pretty obvious signals. I guess this is where that other book, "He's Just Not That Into You," comes in. Sometimes, whether we like it or not, we have to suck it up and face the music. Due to my recent experiences, I've imposed the following rule upon myself:


No Man Land Rule #1: If he doesn't call you, doesn't IM you, doesn't try to hang out with you, barely says hi to you when he sees you, and generally acts like you guys never existed, perhaps it is time to let go.

In other words, take him off the buddy list for good, erase his number, and try to remember life BEFORE he decided he was interested in you and pursued you ceaselessly.

Oh no. I'm not liking Rule #1 very much.

No comments: