Saturday, April 21, 2007

Is The Perfect Man A Myth?


So, last night peanut and I were discussing whether or not it is possible to get everything you dream about in one man. For me, until recently, I didn't quite know exactly what my requirements were. There are the obvious ones, i.e. successful, intelligent, family-oriented, etc. that I've known about for some time... but in the last year, more nuanced requirements have started to surface: he must be open-minded (i.e. liberal enough to listen to my rants without choking), cultural (i.e. he has to keep the CD of me singing in his car at all times) and health/safety conscious (ladies, you'd be surprised how often this requirement gets overlooked... i literally had to fight with my ex for several months to put his seatbelt on). And I've realized that each year, my list is only getting longer. So, basically with each year, Mr. Right becomes a more vivid, yet arguably less-attainable goal.


Which leads me to question:


With each passing year, is my personal Mr. Right becoming more and more of a Santa Clause?


Will I eventually have to sacrifice some of the things my additional years of life-experience have taught me to look for or can I hope for a Christmas miracle?


No comments: