Thursday, April 19, 2007

Instant Messenger Pains Part II




So, after posting rule #1 of No Man Land (see below - Rule #1: If they are clearly not interested, LET GO) I decided that it was time I take my crush off of my buddy list. If you've read my previous posts, you know that this is not the first time I've taken him off. In fact, I take him off (in moments of strength) and put him on again (in moments of weakness) just about every few days.

But today, I really meant it. I was done. I was taking him off the buddy list, and this was going to be a symbol of my intention to let go and walk away.

And just when I manage to let go, what do I see?

"You have received an instant message from @?#!!"

Oh my god. Just like that he's back. He has immed me at 11:45 pm. He's back and I'm sweating and my stomach is turning and I'm excited and nervous and I reply to his instant message entirely too quickly and he gets off within 2 minutes.

And just like that, he's gone again.
So here's my question:

Why is it that boys somehow manage to reel us back in the very moment we've come to terms and decided to let go?

No comments: