Monday, April 16, 2007

Instant Messenger Pains


So, I sign on today and notice that my current crush isn't online... Since IM is our only real method of communication, I was bummed but didn't think much of it. Later on in the day, I check again and see that he is still not on. What is going on? I know he has class at this time, so he MUST be online (since instant messenger is the only way any of us get through law school classes). I start to panic. Why isn't he online? Is he ok? Did something happen? Or worse, did he block me!!?!?! So, I sign on to my secret instant messenger name. The one I use to see who is online when I want to spy. And sure enough, there he is!! Oh my god. He has blocked me!! I start to have an anxiety attack. I mean, this is just too much! All of a sudden, I realize, let me check my buddy list. I type in his name into my buddy list and viola, there he is. I remembered that on Thursday I took him off my buddy list in a fit of rage in order to stop obsessing over him. We all can see now how well that worked out...
Now if only I could come up with an excuse to IM him...

No comments: