Sunday, April 15, 2007

Crushes... Ten Years Later


So, this was definitely an interesting weekend... following my adventures with entrepeanutbutter on friday and friday evening I decided I would do something I've never done before: I went to a party by myself. That's right. I hopped in my car after the hip hop show with peanut and wisked myself off to downtown LA for a party at a pirateship themed bar. If you haven't been to Redwood, it is definitely worth the trek. In any case, I ended up running into my high school crush. You know how everyone has that one guy in high school that they pine for and pine for and eventually get (on some level) and continue to pine for? Well, he was there and he was so happy to see me! This is the guy I would sneak off campus with and call for no reason and talk about endlessly with my girlfriends and write poems about and... (basically I was obsessed... you get the point). In any case, he told me that he had the biggest crush on me in high school and he was "enamored with me." Wow. Validation. I mean, it came almost ten years too late... but I guess the old saying really is true: better late than never.

No comments: