Wednesday, April 18, 2007

How Old Is Too Old??


So, last night I went to a party and ran into a guy that I met over the summer, let's call him Tommy... When we first met over the summer, I was definitely impressed with him. He was interesting, funny, generous, well-traveled, cultured, plays a musical instrument, wealthy, comes from a good family, etc. Lots of pluses, right? Since I've been single, I've run into him a few times, and he has definitely given me the impression that he could be interested. Sounds perfect, right? Well ladies, here's the rub: Tommy is almost 40 (38 to be exact). Hence the nickname, Old Tommy.


You would never know by looking at him or the people he hangs out with that he is so much older, but in the end, does that even matter?

He is closer in age to my mother than me.

Which leads me to my question of the day. I've definitely felt a connection with this guy and if he were younger, I would definitely date him. What I don't know, is how much younger he would have to be...

How old is too old?

P.S. Last night I gave my number to a 37 year old because when he asked for my number and I told him he's too old, he promised to leave his walker and cane at home. Ha!

No comments: