Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Being Bold At Boardner's...


Last night I went to my friend's 80's themed birthday party at Boardner's Bar. First off, here is a good tactic when attending a theme party: if you dress super hot, you'll look even better than the girls wearing silly 80's clothing. You may lose points for not taking part in the theme, but hey, I've never seen a guy hold that against a girl wearing short white shorts and super high heels.

So, last night, in light of my quest to overcome LMS (lack of man syndrome) I made an effort to be very sociable, talk to a lot of people, and generally put myself out there. Which leads me to my conquest of the evening, let's call him Mr. D.

So, I was introduced to Mr. D by a mutual friend. We both attended the same college and live only a few blocks away from each other, so we had some common ground to chit chat about. Mr. D is 25, owns his own business, wears cute glasses and has a great smile. He is in no way what I perceive to be my Mr. Right, but that doesn't mean he couldn't be Mr. Right Now, or Mr. Fun for the Summer.

At the end of the night, as he was leaving, I engaged him in the following conversation:

SexyJelly: "Since we both live in the same area, we should get together sometime and go to Coffee Bean!"
Mr. D: "Yes we should"
SexyJelly: (Waiting for him to ask for my number...getting nothing)
SexyJelly: "You should give me your number"
Mr. D: "Yeah! Give me yours too"
SexyJelly: (At this point I'm thinking, God, this guy must think I'm such a tool, and is just taking my number to be polite)
Mr. D: "How about we go to dinner instead of coffee? How about over the weekend?"
SexyJelly: (Success!!) "That sounds great."

So ladies, here is the moral of the story: sometimes, putting yourself out there really does work. I mean, I may have had to ask for his number "to go to coffee" but he turned around and propositioned me for dinner.

Which reminds me of No Man Land Rule #2, which was brought to us courtesy of Miss Peanut.
"Don't let the fear of strking out stop you from playing the game."
I'll keep you ladies posted if this one turns out to be a home run...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr.D was cute too! Go SexyJelly :)